Wednesday 30 May 2018

Day 21 and 22

Day 21

Today Robert visited a college for Social Workers in Kisangara village where Rotary had helped fund 20 computers through ACTT. Robert wanted to visit them in order to get receipts and take some photos for the Rotary Club. As the school was in an area I had never visited he asked if I would like to go with him.

We left mid morning and the drive took about an hour and a half. We left Moshi in the direction of Dar and then turned off at the Himo junction in the direction of Mwanga. After we had passed through Mwanga we turned off the tarmac road towards Kisangara. 

It was a really interesting drive. As we left Moshi we passed through villages, some with markets and then later we reached the Pare Mountains where there is some beautiful scenery. This is definitely an area I would like to return to.













When we got to the College we were met by the Head Teacher who showed us the computer lab. The college is quite small, at present they have around 100 students. They can study here for 1, 2 or 3 years.











While Robert and the Head Teacher attended to their business I had a wander around outside. The school is in a lovely setting and has great views over the Nyumba ya Mungu Dam, that provides hydro-electric power.



When I returned to the Computer lab some of the students were in using the computers.





It was nearly 3pm by the time we left the college so we drove back to Mwanga and got some lunch.


The place we stopped at had nice views and good food.



The chicken was very tasty.





We got loads of food. All this and drinks for just over £4!!



And we ate looking out at this.



Driving back to Moshi the views were also good.






About half way back we stopped to do some shopping for Mama Diana. On this stretch of road there were at least 30 stalls all selling tomatos and red onions.





Once back in Moshi we called in at Robert’s home to drop off the shopping and were greeted by Dimitra.





After this we did a quick visit to ACTT and then Robert dropped me back at TemboTamu. As always Mary had cooked us a nice dinner and then we had a quiet evening. As I was leaving tomorrow I gave Frank his gift of a shirt that we had bought from the UK.



After this we spent some time chatting before going to bed.


Day 22

Today is my last day. I fly back to the UK tonight.

It has been a quiet day. I got up late and had breakfast with Charlotte and Frank. I then sorted out the tent and packed.

About midday I walked down to ACTT with Charlotte and showed her around. She then went off to do some shopping and I had a phone call with Sandra. After that it was lunch with Robert at Mama Irene’s followed by a drink and chat with her. I then went back to the office to say goodbye to all the staff before walking back to TemboTamu.

I am now just sat at TemboTamu finishing this last blog entry before Robert comes to take me to Kilimanjaro Airport for my flights home.

I hope everyone has enjoyed reading the blog and looking at the photos. Hopefully everyone who has supported us in our fundraising can see what a difference their support makes, so thank you again. If anyone has any questions about what we are doing in Tanzania please feel free to ask.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 21 and 22

Day 21 Today Robert visited a college for Social Workers in Kisangara village where Rotary had helped fund 20 computers through ACTT. Ro...